Leading Through Challenging Times
It’s a different world now. Markets and workforces are desperate for stability, economic uncertainty is everywhere, the future is unpredictable. And we are different. We all crave normalcy and fear continued uncertainty, and are unsure how to move forward.
Leaders are in positions that they’ve never been in before and are being asked to perform at new levels. It’s absolutely necessary to stop and reexamine, develop new skills and responsibly move forward. This course will outline a framework (PAIL™, People, Agility, Innovation, and Leadership) to assist you in navigating through the current challenges.
The course will include;
- Historic insights integrating data dating back to the Great Depression
- Scientific knowledge about human behavior (valuable when evaluating probabilities and new markets)
- Tools to lead with Emotional Intelligence
- Framework for increasing agility and innovation
What To Expect
- Eight two-hour virtual sessions
- (People) Evidence-based techniques to leverage strengths and create a value-based organization.
- (Agility) Learn how to create agile virtual teams and ask the right questions to adapt processes crucial to future growth
- (Innovation) Understand the scientific underpinnings of creativity and innovation. Use this knowledge to address developing new systems, standards and processes on your teams and in your organization. Discussion will include using these skills to overcome challenges in meetings, workflow, stress reduction, career path/rewards, etc.
- (Leadership) Developing leaders at all levels, leading with emotional intelligence and managing virtual teams.
July 7, 2020
July 28, 2020 | 2 – 3 p.m. | Register Here
August 11, 2020 | 2 – 3 p.m. | Register Here
August 25 – October 13, 2020 | Tuesdays | 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. | VIRTUAL
Standard Course Fee
Individual Session Rate
Denver Metro Chamber Members
- Learn to leverage strength in your career & life
- We will talk about the brain and how to leverage strengths in yourself and others
Creating a values-based organization.
- Openly discuss ideas to operate with shared values and purpose
- Learn to infuse these ideas into company culture
- Discuss the 3 behaviors that are the building blocks of effective virtual teams
- Outline the impediments o achieving potential and gaps that need addressing
- Look at organizational standards and processes
- Interactively develop questions that might inspire new conversations around structure and agility
Your Creative Brain.
- Understand the science behind innovation
- We’ll look at the 7 steps to maximize imagination, productivity, and innovation in your life
Application to Organization.
- Exercises to rewire the 7 brainsets
- Experientally explore how to bring new knowledge into meetings, workflow, career paths and reward systems
Leading with Emotional Intelligence.
- Explore hands-on strategies incorporating leadership and EI including; complexity, urgency and performance pressure and managing virtual teams
- Learn the key ingredient to mastering the management of virtual teams
Meet Your Secret Weapon. Michelle (Shakti) Anne is a powerhouse; confident, practical and funny. A coach & speaker that offers top-rated keynotes and breakouts for clients such as: Microsoft, Bureau of Prisons, Holland & Hart, and some of the largest Fortune 100 consulting firms. She uses neuroscience to increase engagement, team performance and profits while considerably reducing human capital costs. She will take you or your team to the next level. Her testimonials consistently describe her unique ability to get immediate and profound results.
Drop and Transfer Regulations:
Drops: Any drop must be done within the first week. You will receive almost a full reimbursement – $50 will stay with the SBDC to cover hard costs.
Transfer: Anyone wishing to transfer must do so within the first three weeks. The transfer must be to the next upcoming class.