Thinking of starting your own business?
LEADING EDGE™ for Entrepreneurs is a 10-week course designed to teach you how to start and grow a successful business based on an actionable business plan. Through a blended-learning format, combining an online learning platform with classroom sessions, interactive learning exercises and expert guest speakers, you will be given the resources to help you start or run your own business.
The course is designed to give you a practical concept that you can apply to your current business or concept, but also in the following years. By the end of the course, you will understand the aspects of running a business, a sound financial vision and have a written business plan or strategy.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Ten three-hour sessions including interactive group work and guest speakers
- Access to an online learning platform with weekly reading and presentations, group discussion forums, homework, financial spreadsheets and templates to build your plan of action
- One-on-one consulting available
- Feedback on your business plan or strategy during the course
- Introduction to potential lenders at a Funding Options Panel
- Free registration to workshops (excluding QuickBooks I) at the Denver Metro SBDC while enrolled, valued at over $500
Entry into a class business plan competition for a chance to
win prizes and have your business plan reviewed by consultants and banker or an
- Entry into an annual statewide business plan competition with cash prizes
- Eligibility for the Funding Request Preview program, putting you on the fast track to funding if needed
- Discounted participation in Trout Tank, a program training you to pitch at an event to lenders and investors
This course is held three times per year, in the spring, summer and fall.
||April 27, 2017 | 5:30 - 7 p.m. | Register | Discount offered for attendees
May 11, 2017 | 5:30 - 7 p.m. | Register | Discount offered for attendees
||May 25, 2017
||May 25, 2016 - July 27, 2017 | Thursdays | 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
||Final Class Celebration
||August 12, 2017 | 4 - 6 p.m.
||Statewide Graduation at
the Governor's Mansion
Register for Leading Edge Here
Payment is not required upon registration, but must be completed by or on the first day of class.
||Each additional employee
Drop and Transfer Regulations:
Drops: Any drop must be done within the first week. You will receive almost a full reimbursement - $50 will stay with the SBDC to cover hard costs.
Transfer: Anyone wishing to transfer must do so within the first three weeks. The transfer must be to the next upcoming class.
MEET THE FACILITATOR:
Leading Edge Facilitator
Start-up, business planning
Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
1445 Market St., 5th floor
Denver, CO 80202
Discounted valet parking for $6 is available through P.F. Changs valet service.
WITH GRATITUDE TO OUR PRESENTING SPONSOR:
A PROGRAM OF: